Regulations governing the 5 Year Integrated Course
B.Com. LL.B. is an integrated double degree Course that combines Bachelors’ degree course in Commerce together with the Bachelors’ Degree Course in Law. The Duration of the Course is five years consisting of ten semesters. Each academic year is divided into two semesters. Medium of Instruction is English. However, students have the option to write their examination either in English or in Kannada. Affiliated to Karnataka state Law University, Hubballi, and recognised by Bar Council of India Duration : 5 Years
Eligibility For Admission
An applicant who has successfully completed Pre-University course or Senior Secondary School course (+2) or equivalent such as (11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized University of India or outside or from Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by the State Government of that Country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course, may apply for and be admitted into the course.
Candidates seeking admission to the Law Course should have passed an examination 10+2 Course of Schooling recognized by the educational authorities of the Central or the State Governments or Possesses such academic qualifications which are considered equivalent to such 10+2 course by the Bar Council of India and should have secured a minimum of 45 percent marks at the final examination of the said programme of schooling. Minimum percentage of marks in qualifying examination shall not be below 45% of total marks in case of general category applicants and 40% of total marks in case of SC and ST applicants.
3 Year LL.B
5 Year B.A LL.B
5 Year B.COM LL.B
Student seeking admission to the first Year should submit the following documents at the time of admission:
- Original Marks card of the SSLC/10th class, P.U.C/12th/10+2.
- Transfer Certificate from previous Institution.
- Migration Certificate for students from outside Karnataka State.
- Five Passport and two Stamp size photographs.
Reservation: Reservation for the SC/ST and other backward classes shall be made in accordance with the directions of Government in force from time to time.
Scheme of Examination
Scheme of examination for each paper is 80 + 20. University examination for 80 marks for 3 hours duration and internal assessment for 20 marks will be conducted in the college as per university circular.
Standard of Passing
- No candidate shall be declared to have passed the examination of any semester unless he/she has obtained a minimum of marks of 40% in each of the paper.
- Candidates passing the examination of all the semester as provided above shall be awarded following classes:
- Student Securing 40% and above but less than 50% shall be declared as Pass Class.
- Those students securing 50% and above but less than 60% of the aggregate of the total marks prescribed for the examination shall be placed in Second Class.
- Those students securing 60% and above but less than 70% shall be placed in First Class.
- Cash price of Rs.10,000/- will be awarded for students who score 85% to 95%.
- Students who secure 95% and above in PUC and Degree examination are fully exempted from paying admission fees (have to pay only university fees) at the time of admission to 1st Year Law Courses.
- The rank of a candidate at LL.B. examination shall be declared on the basis of the marks secured in all the papers of all the 10 semesters’ examinations (excluding clinical course marks). No candidate shall be eligible for a rank unless he/she has passed each of the examinations, i.e., each of I to X semesters in first attempt.