Smt.Sumithra R MA., LLM., (PhD)
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passed UGC, NET Exam for lecturers in 2005.
- Member of the Board of Studies in Law at Reva University, Bangalore.
Area of Specialisation
University Examination work
- Undertaken Examination work extensively at both Bangalore University and Karnataka State Law University.
- Worked as an External Senior supervisor thrice, for the university examination.
- Worked as the Chairman and Member in University Examination Squad Teams.
Moot Court Competition
- Judged the 2009 Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition hosted by Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian College between 6th and 8th of November 2009.
- Resource Person at the One day State Level Workshop for Law teachers Conducted by Vidyavardhaka Law College, Mysore on 20th November 2005 and spoke on ‘The Class room difficulties in teaching law’.
- Invited to be a Guest Speaker on the topic ‘Rule of Law and Indian Constitution’ at the Workshop conducted by Institute for Youth and Development, Koramangala, Bangalore on 18th of November 2009.
- Chaired a Session on ‘Constitutional Perspective of Major Food Laws’ at the UGC Sponsored Two Day National Seminar on “Two Decades of CEDAW: Challenges and Responses – National and International Perspectives” on 8th and 9th of August, 2014
- Invited as a Resource Person for the State Level Seminar on the “National food Security Act 2013- Issues and Challenges” conducted by Vidyavardhaka Law College, Mysore on 29th March 2014 and presented a paper on ‘Food Security Act 2013’.
- Invited to be a Guest Speaker on the topic ‘Rule of Law and Indian Legal System’ at the Workshop held by Institute for Youth and Development, Koramangala, Bangalore on 23rd October 2009
- Coordinated a Session at the 7th International Congress of Environmental Research (ICER-14) organized by RV College of Engineering, Bangalore, between 26th and 28th of December 2014.
- Chaired a Session at the 7th International Congress of Environmental Research (ICER-14) organized by RV College of Engineering, Bangalore, between 26th and 28th of December 2014.
Research Paper Presented
- Presented a Research Paper on ‘Digital Signature’ in one day National Seminar on “Cyber Crimes and Human Rights- New Perspective” held on 2nd February 2009 at CIST, University of Mysore, Mysore.
- Presented a Research Paper titled ‘The Genesis of Environmental Law and Indian Constitution’ at the 7th International Congress of Environmental Research(ICER-14) organized by RV College of Engineering, Bangalore, between 26th and 28th of December 2014.
- Presented a Research Paper titled ‘Insecurity of Food Security in India’ in the Second National Conference on Law and Justice 2014 hosted by Auro University, Surat, Gujarat held on September 27th and 28th , 2014 and the same is being published in their Conference Proceedings
- Presented a Research Paper titled ‘Right to Food- Implementational Challenges’ in One Day National Conference on “Human Rights- A Natural and Positive Edict” on 3rd February 2015 conducted by Dept of Studies and Research in Law, Karnataka State Open University, Mysuru.
- Presented a Research paper on the topic ‘Realisation of the Right to Food’ at Two Day National Seminar on “Law in Action- A Vision for 2020” conducted by BMS College of Law, Bangalore on 13th and 14th of February 2015.
- Presented a Research Paper titled ‘Concerted efforts to douse the fire in the belly’ at the Two Day International Conference on “New Dimensions in Public International Law” conducted by Dept of Studies in Law, Mysore University, Mysore on 28th and 29th of March 2016.
- Presented Research Papers at the National Conference on “INDIAN LEGAL SYSTEM-EMERGING DIMENSIONS” organised by the JSS Law College(Autonomous) Mysuru on 26th & 27th April 2016 titled “Live in relationship and its impact on marriage in India” and “Disparity in women’s property rights under different personal laws”.
- Attended the National Conference 2017 on 6th and 7th of January, conducted by Christ University, School of Law on ‘Right to Food: Constitutional Perspectives’ and presented two Research papers titled ‘Food Safety and Security in India’ and ‘ Food Security and Farmer’s Rights’.
- Published an article titled ‘Building Castles in Air’ in Karnataka Civil and Criminal Reports in December 2009.
- Published an article titled ‘Mockery of Constitutional Principles’ in Karnataka Law Journal Part 23 of 2010.
- Published an article titled ‘Marriage or Mirage’ in Karnataka Law Journal Part 6 of 2015.
- Published a Research article titled ‘Constitutional Perspectives on Right to Food in India: Issues and Challenges’ in the Karnataka Law Journal, 1st September, 2016, PART-17
- Published a write up titled, ‘Revisit Food Policy, Link it with Aadhar, cash transfer’ in Deccan Herald daily news paper, Bengaluru Edition on 4th March 2017.
- Attended UGC Sponsored Refresher Course for law teachers held by Bangalore University twice i.e. conducted between 22nd December 2008 &13th January 2009 and 26th August 2015 & 15th September 2015.
- Attended One Day State Level Seminar on ‘LEGAL DIMENSIONS ON RIGHT TO HEALTH IN INDIA: ISSUES AND CHALLLENGES’ conducted by Karnataka Institute for Law & Parliamentary Reform(KILPAR) & University Law College, PG Department of Law, Bangalore University, Bengaluru on 10th of February 2017.
- Attended State Level Seminar on ‘Parliamentary Procedures’, organised by the Karnataka Institute for Law and Parliamentary Reform(KILPAR) in association with Seshadripuram Law College, Bengaluru on 9th March 2017.
- Attended various National and Inter National Seminars and Workshops on Law and its allied subjects
Extra Curricular activities
- Taken part extensively in Cultural competitions like singing, rangoli, won several prizes in Debate competitions and essay writing , been an active NCC Cadet and possess ‘A’ certificate, attended 3 Annual Training Camps.